BLUE PAGES
Home / News / MAN BLOWS UP OXYGEN CHAMBER WITH CIGGY

MAN BLOWS UP OXYGEN CHAMBER WITH CIGGY

Friday August 1st, 2014
ImageA patient in Hospital died and blew up a ward as he sneakily lit up a cigarette while receiving treatment inside an oxygen chamber. Lui Hung, who was sixty five years old was in Nanxiong Peoples Hospital in the Guangdong province of South East China having treatment for a head injury in the chamber which contained 100% oxygen when he decided to light up.

Apparently the oxygen mixture in the chamber was not flammable, the cause for the explosion is thought to have happened by the man first setting fire to the sheets, and this then lead to the explosion. A melted cigarette lighter was found amongst the debris by firemen.

The family of the man are demanding to know why the hospital didn’t take away his lighter before entering the chamber. His son who was visiting him at the time of the accident said:
“My father's whole body was scorched, he looked just like a roasted pig.
'It was the worst thing I have ever seen and was absolutely unbearable”

The family and hospital are still negotiating compensation.
Asked as to how this happened the hospitals spokesman Yong Wan said:
'Mr Liu had already had one treatment which had worked well. We think he had probably decided during his second treatment he would try to have a cigarette where he couldn't be seen, as smoking in the hospital is not allowed.'

The hospital have now had to accept responsibility for the explosion as they did not warn the patient that lighting up a cigarette in the chamber could be dangerous!

The amount of compensation that the family will receive is now being discussed.
SHARE:
space
Comments (0)
No comments exist for this item.
Add Your Comment

Most Recent News Items - View News Archive

top