CROC BITES GYM TEACHER
Thursday March 17th, 2011
When Cumnor House School in Haywards Heath got a call from the PE teacher calling in sick they were positively amazed to hear is reason. Scott Brand told office staff he 'needed a few days off' after the croc sunk its teeth into his left arm while he was on holiday.’
The incident occurred whilst the 21 year old was holidaying in his native Zimbabwe and he and a bunch of friends decided to go ‘croc wrestling’ in Lake Kariba. Mr Brand told the press, 'Unfortunately I had also been sampling Africa's finest lager all afternoon, making our plans to wrestle with one of the water's most dangerous predators all the more tricky... I saw a four-foot long croc and just jumped in and grabbed it. It went nuts and was really going for me and it eventually got a hold of my left arm and bit down... It was bloody sore, but I got back on land and just poured some vodka over it and bandaged it up.'
On returning to the UK his left arm had become infected and swollen up so he was rushed to Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead where they discovered blood poisoning had set in and treated and stitched the wound.
'Everyone at school, the headmaster, kids and other teachers, were shocked and couldn't believe I had been bitten by a crocodile,” said Mr Brand. “Everyone is calling me ‘croc bait’ or ‘Mick Dundee’ now.'
Most Recent News Items - View News Archive