The building started life as a "church house" belonging to the nearby church. In 1734 much of the building was destroyed by fire and was rebuilt as a "new" inn.
Kelly's Directory records that in 1881 the landlady was a widow from Southampton called Emma Shotter who shared the pub with her children Clement and Selina.
For a time, beer for the pub was brewed in the big stone house opposite known as The Maltsters.
Parts of the original "church house" can still be seen in the public bar.
Address: The New Inn, Main Road, Shalfleet IOW, PO304NS