BLUE PAGES
Home / Forum / Living Aboard / question on living aboard ?

question on living aboard ?

andrey20
1 posts
10/05/2018 10:01
So I want to live on a sailboat. I've spent the past couple of months looking at pictures and think I'm in love with the Catalina 30. I like the 27 but I have to have a steering wheel. Can't be a tiller and can't find a 27 with a wheel.
Been trying to find one local but it's next to impossible. So trying to find one in the south on the gulf that I can sail to New Orleans but struggling. I am going to need a loan and I have a 6 month plan to save, fix my credit, and get a loan. Think I'll be able to afford 10k-15k maybe 20k if I can save enough for a good down payment.
Questions:
1) Where can I look to find one nearby enough so that I'm not paying thousands to transport it?
2) What are the known issues for this model that I should look for if I find one?
3) Can anyone who lives aboard give me some pro tips for this boat? I'm going to need them.
4) How hard is it to get a loan for a sailboat? I'm guessing you don't want to tell them you want to live aboard? I tried searching the from Covoco, but I couldn't find anything about it ! I will be greatful if you point me in the right direction.

Any help wll be appreciated.
Thank you
Edited by andrey20 10/05/2018 10:01
Add ReplyAdd Thread