The Lord Kingsale, spelt as in the old medieval English way and as the medieval town was known Kingsale, is one of the oldest establishments in Kinsale. Serving ale in the town for some two hundred and fifty years The Lord Kingsale was leased from the gentry in 1778, the documented figure on the lease was the staggering sum of one old penny per annum.
Throughout the year the evening programme varies from traditional Irish songs, music and poetry. The overall welcoming, friendly and homely atmosphere that The Lord Kingsale possesses in plenitude is due to the fact that the Mortimers treat the premises as an extension of their own home: and their customers as an extension of their ever increasing circle of friends.
Address: The Lord Kingsale, 4 Main Street, Kinsale