Grand Harbour Marina, on the east coast of Malta, is located within one of the largest deep water natural harbours in the world. With an easily navigable entrance, negotiable in most weather conditions, and excellent shelter in good depths of water, Grand Harbour has been a thriving maritime centre since the arrival of the Knights of St John in 1530.
The Knights built their city in Birgu, later named Vittoriosa, and used the creek as a safe haven for their fleet of galleons. In the 1800s the British re-named it Dockyard Creek and established it as the home port for the British Mediterranean Fleet, with Fort St Angelo, at the tip of the Vittoriosa peninsula, becoming the seat of the Admiralty.
Today, Dockyard Creek is home to one of the Mediterrean's finest marinas, with facilities to match the best that the Cote d'Azur can offer. Superbly serviced, sheltered and secure, it offers unrivalled views and access to Malta's historic capital. Ideally placed as a home port, charter base or winter stopover, Grand Harbour Marina is also a wonderful destination for visiting yachts throughout the season.